Community Health Plan of Washington’s (CHPW) Care Improvement Team engages directly with
community health centers across the state to support quality improvement strategies and improve clinical
outcomes and patient satisfaction. The program encourages performance improvement and practice
transformation with a focus on the state’s value-based payment measures, access to care for all ages, and patient
satisfaction. Key strategies include:
- Collaborating with practices to establish annual quality improvement priorities
- Sharing quality improvement best practices among community health centers
- Providing useful, actionable data to community health centers to inform and enhance improvement projects with a focus on access to care and chronic disease management
Nineteen CHNW member community health centers from around WA State
Must be a member of CHNW Primary contact with the designated Quality Lead from each Community Health Clinic
- Support in achieving financial incentives for improved quality performance on selected measures through CHPW’s pay for performance program.
- Development of shared work plan to focus improvement work on an annual basis.
- Web-based and in-person Network learning opportunities to exchange ideas and share best practices.
- • Support and capacity building on workflow design and implementation, patient access, chronic and
- preventive care, cultural competence, and population health management.
- Technical assistance with operationalizing clinical data to drive improvement