This page contains information and resources based on requests we've received from DOH SBHC grantees.
Resources and Training on School-based Health Center Operations and Planning:
- Planning, Operating and Sustaining a SBHC - Washington School-Based Health Alliance
- Resources – School-Based Health Alliance (sbh4all.org)
Resources for billing support:
- Managed Care Billing: Managed care coverage questions and managed care billing questions should be directed to the appropriate Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- MCO Provider Resources (wahealthcareplans.org
- For questions or concerns regarding MCO Provider training resources, please contact AWHP@wahealthcareplans.or
- Contact information for each of the five MCOs are listed in Appendix B of the K-12 Medicaid BH Toolkit. If providers have trouble getting ahold of the MCOs, they can send an email to HCA managed care staff at HCAMCPrograms@hca.wa.gov.
- Where are the MCOs? MCO Resources (wahealthcareplans.org)
- Health Care Authority - Medicaid/Apple Health:
- Fee-for-Service (FFS) Billing: Most Medicaid clients are enrolled in an MCO. If there are students who are not covered by an MCO and are receiving services through FFS, providers can find fee-for-service billing instructions and coverage information in the appropriate Medicaid billing guide. There should be contact information in the billing guides for providers who have additional questions.
- ProviderOne Support at HCA: ProviderRelations@hca.wa.gov can assist with technical issues such as how to submit fee-for-service claims in ProviderOne, help with enrolling providers in ProviderOne, how to review the remittance advices (RAs) in ProviderOne, and connections to other HCA support. They cannot provide coverage details (what is and what isn’t covered) or help with managed care billing.
- Learn ProviderOne: Learn more about the ProviderOne system, including how to set up your account, how to submit claims, and how to get help if you need it. Here are additional resources available on the HCA's website:
- Other billing resources
- Medicaid School-based Behavioral Health Services and Billing Toolkit (82-0404) (wa.gov) provides an overview of behavioral health services and associated billing that can be provided in the school setting.
- Web-Based Training | CMS
Behavioral Health Resources:
- Washington Partnership Access Line - Seattle Children's (seattlechildrens.org): The Partnership Access Line (PAL) supports primary care providers, including those in SBHCs, with questions about mental health care such as diagnostic clarification, medication adjustment or treatment planning. Our child and adolescent psychiatrists are available to consult during business hours.
- Information for Healthcare Providers on Behavioral Health
- Trauma-informed approach - Washington State Health Care Authority
- REGIONS | OBHA (obhadvocacy.org): Use this website to find your area's Office of Behavioral Health Advocate
- Suicide Prevention - In Crisis | Washington State Department of Health: General information on suicide prevention, including resources for suicide crisis, and peer support
- Suicide Prevention Training for Health Professionals | Washington State Department of Health
Well-care checks (aka well-visits) and Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT):
- EPSDT Program Billing Guide (wa.gov)
- Child and Adolescent Well-Care Visits | Washington State Department of Health provides more information on what a well-care check or well visit is, why it's important, and what to expect. This page is geared to parents and caregivers.
- Well-child checkups | Washington State Health Care Authority
Teen Dating and Violence Prevention:
- Teen Dating Violence Is Serious In WA - Northwest Public Broadcasting (nwpb.org): Includes links to CDC training called Dating Matters
- Prevention Basics – Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence (WSCADV)
- In Their Shoes Teen Dating Trainings
- For more information, go to:In Their Shoes® – Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence (WSCADV)
- To get a free training for your SBHC, contact Alexis Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find Help | Washington State Department of Health
Don't see what you need? If you have ideas for resources or specific resource needs, email us at email@example.com.