Disclaimer: Having trouble viewing the contents of this site? Update your internet browser to the latest version for the best viewing experience. A PDF version of this page is available.
Drawing on research, best practices, national expertise, and input from local stakeholders, the following are the key elements of a population health approach. These key elements may be applied to multiple health issues.
Select an option from the menu below:
- Assess the Community and the Population.
- Health Equity
- Social Determinants
- Define the Problem.
- Identify populations of focus.
- Determine common goals and metrics.
- Develop and prioritize interventions.
- Align strategies and resources.
- Implement interventions.
- Build sustainability.
- Measure results.
- Communicate what is learned.
More resources available for individual Health Focus Areas:
Contact us at P4IPH@doh.wa.gov.