We want to know what young people in Washington think about health care.
To better serve adolescents and young adults, we want to hear what young people think about health care access, services and delivery, such as well visits, sexual, and behavioral health. We also want to hear from youth-serving providers about adolescent health care delivery, and how DOH can support them to provide quality and youth-friendly services to Washington's teens and young adults.
To learn more, we are launching an Adolescent and Young Adult Health Needs Assessment. We’ll use feedback and information from the needs assessment to guide and shape the Adolescent Health program planning and our Maternal Child Health Block Grant goals, objectives, and deliverables. This includes developing trainings and technical assistance for youth-serving health care providers, implementing new and improving existing adolescent health programming, and developing a new Youth-Friendly Certification. We will also share a summary of findings with key partners, providers, and teens and young adults. Ultimately, this information will help us better serve Washington’s young people.
How can teens and young adults share their feedback?
Teens and young adults ages 13-22 can share their thoughts and feedback on adolescent health care by taking this online and anonymous survey at Adolescent and Young Adult Health Care Survey (wa.gov) or emailing DOH Adolescent Health staff at email@example.com.
How can youth-serving providers share their feedback?
Health care providers serving teens and young adults ages 11-24 can share their thoughts and feedback on adolescent health care through one or more of the three following options:
- Coming soon! Take an anonymous online survey comprised of mostly open-ended questions on key adolescent health topics and issues.
- Participate in one or more virtual listening sessions scheduled for September 2023. During these sessions, we will share feedback from the Adolescent Health Youth Advisory Council on adolescent health care, then spend time thoughts and ideas of participants about the challenges, barriers, successes and recommendations to improve adolescent health care. Registration is required. Check back soon for details!
- Session 1, Morning - September 13, 2023, 7:00am-8:00pm, Discussion Topics TBD. Register here
- Session 1, Lunch - September 13, 2023, 12:00pm-1:00pm, Discussion Topics TBD. Register here
- Session 2, Morning - September 13, 2023, 7:00am-8:00pm, Discussion Topics TBD. Register here
- Session 2, Lunch - September 13, 2023, 12:00pm-1:00pm, Discussion Topics TBD. Register here
- Participate in a key informant interview with DOH's Adolescent Health Staff - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
To share information about the survey with young people, or youth-serving providers and organizations use this flyer (English and Spanish) or this one pager!
If you'd like to be added to our email list so you can receive notifications about this survey and other activities in Adolescent and Young Adult Health, email us at email@example.com