State Summit and Trainings
The PPCF workgroup has supported several conferences, summits and trainings held for perinatal substance use care:
- Three statewide summits held in Seattle.
- Two local summits coordinated by Skagit and Snohomish County, and March of Dimes.
- One local summit coordinated by Spokane County and March of Dimes.
- A series of 4 online webinars for child welfare workers.
- A series of monthly online webinars and coaching calls for birthing hospitals from 2021- currently ongoing.
Medications for Opioid Use Disorder
The role and benefits of medications for opioid use disorder for pregnant and parenting individuals, Jim Walsh MD.
Stigma and Bias
Destigmatizing pregnant and parenting individuals with substance use disorder, Mishka Terplan MD.
Eat, Sleep and Console
Reconsidering the standard approach to neonatal abstinence syndrome, Matthew Grossman MD.
Seven days documentary - 50th anniversary of the fair housing act.
Racism and the criminalization of drugs
White out: how racial capitalism changed the color of opioids in America, Helena Hansen, David Herzberg, Julie Netherland & Robin D. G. Kelley.