The Child Health Unit at the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) supports the physical, mental, emotional, and behavioral well-being of young children (birth through age 11) and their families. We partner with local health jurisdictions, state agencies, community-based organizations, and others to build and strengthen state and local systems to improve the health and safety of children and their families.
Our activities include:
- Improving access to health services and information
- Strengthening economic supports for families
- Promoting safe and supportive environments for children to live, learn, and play
- Supporting social and emotional growth
- Using data to monitor health outcomes and develop/evaluate strategies
We work with funding sources like the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and Health Resources and Services Administration to promote equitable well-being and outcomes for children and families.