The Prevention Awards of Excellence are an opportunity to recognize individuals and organizations for their dedication and contributions to the prevention field.
Sponsored by the state Health Care Authority, the goals of the Washington State Prevention Awards of Excellence are to:
- Identify superior substance use disorder prevention, problem gambling prevention, suicide prevention, violence prevention and mental health promotion programs with exceptional outcomes that can be adopted or adapted by others
- Recognize outstanding community partners, including youth engaged in prevention efforts and;
- Focus statewide attention on exceptional prevention work
Please take the time to nominate a colleague, young person, program, or organization in the following award categories:
- Tribal prevention
- Youth leadership
- Young adult leadership
- Professional and/or exemplary community prevention leader
- Community coalition and/or community prevention group
- Contributions to prevention by an organization, business, or agency
- Outreach or implementation of a prevention program
- Early-career prevention professional
Awardees and their successes will be celebrated during the Prevention Summit in November 2023.
The last day to submit a nomination is Wednesday, August 9, 2023.