WA Portal offers a deep and varied array of resources intended to support a range of health workers. This page is intended to assist community-based workers and community health workers access materials across this site.
- Cardiovascular Health
The Heart Disease, Stroke, and Diabetes Prevention Program at the state Department of Health provides training on cardiovascular health that supports providers seeking to use community health workers in diverse communities.
Also in this section:
- Community Health Worker Leadership Committee
The Community Health Worker (CHW) Leadership Committee is a statewide, multi-stakeholder group representative of Washington state and our diverse communities. Most members are Community Health Workers (CHWs) and representatives of several CHW networks across the state.
- Eastern Washington Community Health Worker (CHW) Network
Community Health Workers from various organizations and communities throughout Eastern Washington are connecting to each other and resources for those who are impacted in our region.
- Resources and Support for Community-based Workers
This page is intended to help community-based workers recognize the challenges people are facing, how to provide needed support, and who to refer to when someone needs specific kinds of help. The page offers resources such as webinars and videos in English and Spanish that are designed to share with family, friends, neighbors, and clients:
Supporting people in crisis
- Supporting people In crisis with compassion, empathy, and cultural responsiveness
- Supporting people in crisis in the family
- Receiving outside help to support someone in crisis
- Calling 911 to support someone in crisis
Caring for ourselves and our community members
Learning to use technology